DONATIONS FOR REECE

Sunday, May 26, 2013

WE ARE HERE!

We finally made it in! Whoooo HOOOO! Man, that was a long long long way to go. First flight out of b'ham to Atlanta. Most of you know I've never been on a plane. As  soon as the thing starts backing up.. I'm looking forward and the dizzy starts in. OH NO! I feel my stomach turning. The last thing I really want to do is barf on this little plane. NO idea what to expect, panic sinks in a bit... not only am I nauseated at the point, i'm scared. I had to sit there squeezing poor Wes' hand while I tried not to make noise while I cried like a baby. I knew there was a reason I didn't fly. Once we got in the air, I was fine.. then we had to descend.. here comes the dizzy again. Needless to say, by time it was time to board for the big plane, I was nervous. HOWEVER, I only had a couple dizzy moments and I just looked out the window. All was good!!  :)

Stuff we've experienced so far:  for some reason they served us dinner at breakfast time on the plane, then served breakfast for dinner.. though it was strange... then again this morning on the way to China from Korea, they serve us dinner again and it's like 8:30 in the morning. ODD

Listening to the sweet girls on the Korean Air flights talk in English was fun. We'd have to ask them a few times what they were asking and then just going with part of what we understood.  They WERE very friendly to everyone. Very well put together. Korean has a great thing going.

Coffee shop in Korea airport had the best white mocha coffee I've ever had!

The traffic is horrific!! Imagine if you will... 3 lanes of traffic.. very busy and I mean VERY busy... now you have your 3 lanes but people decide to make up 2 more lanes on their own. Yes! You can probably stick your tongue out the window and touch them, they are that close. If that's not bad enough, they are weaving in and out of each other and cutting each other off! I thought for sure we were gonna get hit. Our van driver was a little nutty with the driving and people just honking like crazy.

When people have weddings, they tie red ribbons to the mirrors on their cars, the groom and bride have big pink bow and on front a big flower wreath. We saw that on the way in. Very cool.

In the hotel, to turn on the lights, you have to put your room key in a slot in box on wall... the guy kinda looked at us weird when we asked. (guess we should know that)

The knobs in the bathroom.. you push down to turn on not up like in US.

Wes and I both ate some type of fish (we think) maybe salmon in a salad thing this morning with our breakfast.. I mean dinner ?  Couldn't identify but it wasn't bad. We chose not to question it.







No comments:

Post a Comment