DONATIONS FOR REECE

Saturday, May 18, 2013

WE'RE GOING TO CHINA!!

Since my last update we have received our Travel Approval AND our Consulate appointment for Reece. Oh yes we are headed to China my friend!! There were some hiccups in the road from TA to CA but God worked them out and we received our consulate appointment yesterday!! Oh glory day!!!  We leave on Thursday! Yeap you read it right! THURSDAY! I'm not believing it's here already. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that we are REALLY going to get our son! IN CHINA!!! It's been 11 months since I stepped foot into our agency to give them our application. I was so nervous that day! We've come so far. God has proven his goodness over and over again. He has completely changed my life in this whole process. I wouldn't change this experience for the world!  My emotions have been wild, I've had melt downs , I've worked till I'm just plain tired but I keep looking at what is at the end of this small chapter. Reece. In 9 days our lives will open up to a new chapter. May 27th, is our got cha day. The day we meet our Reece face to face. The day we've longed for. We fully expect melt down mode from him considering he's only 2 years old and no he's not going to understand right now. In all the confusion, I'm sure it will be one of the most precious moments of our lives. I  think back to the times I have birth to our 4 kiddos now, they came screaming too! It took time to comfort them, to hold them and love them and teach them, it's ok. I'm sure Reece will take quite a bit  more time for that but that's how  view it . Baby steps.Another happy moment for me is coming... we will still be in China June5th. However, it's a special day. It's Reece's birthday!! He will have his mama and daddy in time for his 3rd birthday. Can I say that there will be some partying going on in China on June 5th!! I'm sure I can locate a cake of some sort at the local Chinese Walmart, right? I have prayed so many times to be with Reece for his 3rd birthday. I was so heart broke during Thanksgiving and Christmas not having him here with us.  I'm thrilled!! Yea I know Reece has no clue what his birthday is but WE do!! I'll try my best to keep this blog updated as much as possible while we are in gone. If I can't, we have family here holding down our fort till we return and they can post for us if we can't. Please continue to pray for us and for Reece. He is about to face HUGE change. He's going to need lots of peace and comfort outside of Wes and I  that we know only God can provide.

2 comments:

  1. we need to work on getting you a header & some pictures on here lol! next week will be here before we know it!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't need fancy stuff.. i'm just updating :) will post pics while in china tho!

      Delete